Illinois Criminal Defense Attorney
Upholding the Rights of the Individual in Criminal and Family Law Cases
East Alton, Illinois, attorney John M. Delaney, Jr. has been working as a lawyer in Madison County and the surrounding area since 1981. He is passionate about his work and committed to doing everything he can to protect the rights of:
- Adults and juveniles needing criminal defense or juvenile defense
- Those who are going through a difficult family law matter
- Those who are dealing with overwhelming debt
- Those who are facing the challenges of a personal injury
Sound, supportive and effective legal guidance. Call 618-717-4033 or toll free at 866-574-8283 for a free consultation for criminal and bankruptcy cases, and $50 consultation fee for family and divorce cases with an experienced, caring lawyer. You may also contact our Illinois law office online today to share your situation.
East Alton Lawyer Protecting Your Rights: Juvenile Defense and Other Legal Services
Certified by the Illinois Supreme Court, attorney John M. Delaney, Jr. brings more than 30 years of experience, including more than 50 jury trials, to your case — experience that counts when it comes to complex property division matters, federal criminal defense, comprehensive Chapter 7 bankruptcy guidance and assertive personal injury representation. We know when to fight and when to negotiate an agreement in your best interest.
The Law Office of John M. Delaney, Jr., is ready to stand by you and fight for you. We will help you understand the legal process and your options within it. We will listen to your concerns, your goals and your wants, and we will help you set realistic expectations.
Reassurance, Respect and Responsiveness
We are available to answer your questions and to share communications with you every step of the way through your legal matter. Whether you are facing tough charges relating to a serious drug crime, a traffic ticket, a child custody dispute, a Chapter 7 bankruptcy or problems with the insurance company after a car accident, you may count on our law firm to provide you with trustworthy, vigorous and effective legal advocacy and guidance.
Understanding Our Fee Structure
- General misdemeanors and traffic offenses: For general misdemeanor and traffic matters, fees range from $150 for a simple speeding ticket to $400 for most simple first-time misdemeanors, such as battery or assault, and $1,000 to $3,000 for first-time DUI/DWI charges or other more serious misdemeanors.
- Felony offenses: For state felonies, the fees are $1,000 to $2,500 for simple first-time nonviolent felonies and increase depending on the severity of the charge. Regardless of the offense, our Illinois criminal defense lawyer has the experience to fight relentlessly on your behalf.
- Bankruptcy: We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. For Chapter 7 bankruptcy, our fees start at $1,000 in addition to a court fee of $306. There is a credit counseling course you must take before and after the bankruptcy is filed. The course has a separate fee. Lastly, if you request a credit report, we charge $30 for individuals and $50 for a married couple. More complicated bankruptcy cases may require more than the $1,000 in attorney's fees.
- Family law and estate planning: For most divorce and family matters, as well as civil defense, we charge at the rate of $200 per hour plus expenses. We generally require a minimum cash retainer of $750.
- Personal injury: We handle personal injury cases on a contingent-fee basis. This means that our fees are paid out of any personal injury settlement or jury verdict you receive and, if we do not recover compensation for you, there are no attorney fees.
Contact Our Madison County Law Office
John M. Delaney, Jr. can help you get a fair shake in a system that can appear to be overwhelming and intimidating. We are happy to answer your questions and provide you with an assessment of your case during your initial consultation. Please contact our general practice Illinois law office online today, or call 618-717-4033, toll free at 866-574-8283, to schedule an initial meeting with Mr. Delaney. Phone and e-mail messages are promptly returned.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.